FDC qualification deadline coming – ensure all educators are qualified by 1 July 2024
Existing family day care (FDC) educators are reminded that they have until 1 July 2024 to complete an approved qualification.
Any educator who does not hold an approved certificate III level (or higher) qualification by this time will need to have a waiver applied, which the regulatory authority may consider granting if it is satisfied the provider has reasonable justification for not being able to comply.
Under the National Quality Framework (NQF), a person is a certificate III qualified educator if they:
- hold an approved certificate III qualification, OR
- hold a former approved certificate III level qualification completed before 1 January 2012, OR
- hold a qualification that ACECQA has determined to be an equivalent certificate III level educator qualification.
Family day care educators must also meet first aid qualification requirements.
There are also specific requirements for FDC coordinators.
Family day care coordinators (aside from Queensland)
All family day care coordinators must hold an approved diploma level education and care qualification.
Under the NQF, a person is a diploma qualified educator if they:
- hold an approved diploma level qualification, OR
- hold a former approved diploma level qualification completed before 1 January 2012, OR
- hold a qualification that ACECQA has determined to be an equivalent diploma level educator qualification.
Family day care coordinators (Queensland)
The below information is relevant only for family day care coordinators in Queensland.
You are taken to hold an approved diploma level education and care qualification in Queensland if you held a qualification before 1 January 2012 that is published on the list of former approved qualifications for family day care coordinators.
Regulations and enforcement may vary in Western Australia and South Australia, and readers are encouraged to check with their local regulatory authority for more information.
One Tree Community Services to operate an additional 9 Cardinia Shire Kindergartens
by Freya Lucas
Arena REIT sustains commitment to ECEC with significant growth in new development sites
by Jason Roberts
Angsana enters ECEC sector with multilingual program
by Freya Lucas