Cowper electorate welcomes $2.3 million in CCCF funding for local ECEC services
Federal Member for Cowper Pat Conaghan has welcomed news of a $2.3 million funding injection for 17 early childhood education and care (ECEC) services in the region, delivered under the Federal Government’s Community Child Care Fund (CCCF).
Mr Conaghan said the allocation will help improve access to child care and increase workforce participation across the Cowper electorate.
“It will also have a positive economic benefit by allowing more local parents to get back into work or to take on additional hours if they choose,” he told local paper Nambucca Valley News of the Area.
“The funds will support services in areas such as Greenhill, Aldavilla, Frederickton, Urunga, Macksville and Coffs Harbour that may need support to keep operating, or to fund capital projects to improve services and increase the number of places available.”
More information on the CCCF can be found here.
A list of local recipients is as follows:
- Coffs Harbour: Caterpillar House Occasional Child Care Association Inc, $163,220
- Boambee East: Hopscotch Boambee Pre-School, $193,304
- Coffs Harbour: Coffs Harbour & District Family Day Care Scheme Inc, $134,704
- Nambucca Heads: Nambucca Valley Children’s Group Inc, $130,000
- Macksville: Nambucca Valley Children’s Group Inc, $207,520
- Urunga: Stepping Stones Preschool and Child Care Centre, $200,000
- Nambucca Heads: Teddy Bears Kindergarten Pty Limited, $189,150
- Bellingen: OAC Bellingen Out of School Hours Care, $120,000
- Urunga: OAC Urunga Out of School Hours Care, $120,000
- Urunga: Open Arms Care Inc. Family Day Care, $129,817
To read the original coverage of this story please see here.