Nominations now open for 2021 Education and Care Awards Gala in the ACT
Nominations are open for the awards component of 2021 Education and Care Awards Gala, announced earlier this week by the ACT branch of Early Childhood Australia.
The awards showcase the commitment, innovation and achievement of individuals and services within the early childhood education and care (ECEC) sector. Each finalist receives a complimentary ticket, with additional tickets available for purchase.
Nominations will close 20 August 2021, with finalists advised of their success in late September. A number of categories are recognised within the awards, including:
- Sector support – an award which recognises the support of key people within ECEC teams who may not work directly with children or be in a leadership position, however, the contribution they make to the organisation is significant.
- Rising star – this award recognises those in the early stages of their ECEC career working in approved ECEC settings, and may also acknowledge those studying towards an approved qualification.
- Advocacy – recognises the many individuals both within education and care settings and more broadly in the ACT community who make a significant contribution to the sector and the profession through their advocacy.
- Innovation in Pedagogy and Practice – open to individuals and services showcasing innovative and transformative pedagogy and practice. The award will include four sub-categories to recognise family day care, education and care of children from birth to three years and three to five years, as well as out of school hours care.
- Educator/Early Childhood Teacher Award – open to individuals employed as educators who work in a direct role with children and families, this award celebrates the essential role that educators play, not only in the lives of children and families but also in society.
- Director – open to individuals employed in the role of director, centre manager or coordinator of an approved education and care setting located in the ACT, this award highlights the critical role played by leaders in the sector and how they drive quality within their organisations.
- Educational leader – founded on the advocacy work originally undertaken by the ACT Pedagogical Leadership Network, this award is open to individuals who are currently employed in the role of educational leader.
To submit a nomination, interested parties should review the eligibility criteria, ensure the nomination fits in the chosen category, read and agree to the conditions of entry, gather relevant details and begin application, and address the selection criteria. Nominations must be submitted electronically to [email protected]
For more information, including conditions of entry, a submission checklist, and tips on boosting the success of a nomination, please see here.