Grants available for Victorian ECEC services to celebrate Children’s Week
Local Government Councils or eligible not-for-profit organisations in Victoria have been invited to apply for a grant of up to $1,000 to contribute to the cost of hosting a Children’s Week activity that celebrates this year’s theme of “Children have the right to choose their friends and safely connect with others,” drawn from Article 15 of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
Children’s Week is a national celebration that recognises the talents, skills, achievements and rights of children. It will run from Saturday 23 October to Sunday 31 October 2021, with thousands of Victorian children expected to take part in the festivities.
Typically during Children’s Week, local councils, not-for-profit organisations, schools and early childhood services organise open days, displays, special events, virtual spaces and online-based activities. These celebrate childhood and showcase children’s achievements.
Children’s Week Grants 2021
Local Government Councils or eligible not-for-profit organisations are invited to apply for a grant of up to $1,000 to contribute to the cost of hosting a Children’s Week activity that celebrates this year’s theme.
The grants program aims to:
- provide children and their families an opportunity to participate in a range of community activities
- engage Victorian families to connect and play together
- provide a financial contribution to support eligible organisations to deliver high-quality events that celebrate the national Children’s Week theme.
In-person events are welcomed and will be subject to any State or Federal Government restrictions and guidelines in place at the time (including the provision of a COVID-Safe Plan).
Grant applicants are encouraged to consider COVID-Safe alternative activities to celebrate Children’s Week.
In-person or online activities may include:
- art exhibitions / virtual art gallery
- messy play activities / take home packs
- dance workshops
- musical performances
- online guest speaker/ entertainment event.
- Applications open – 11 June 2021
- Applications close – 14 July 2021
- Assessment and shortlisting of applications – July – August 2021
- Advise applicants of outcome of grant application – September 2021
- Payments made to successful applicants – October 2021
- Children’s Week 2021 events delivered – 23 October – 31 October 2021
- Acquittals due – 3 December 2021
How to apply
Applications must be submitted by Wednesday 14 July 2021 at 5pm. Late applications will not be accepted.
A calendar of activities will be available in September 2021.
For questions or information on Children’s Week grants in Victoria, email firstname.lastname@example.org, and for general information about Children’s Week across Australia, visit Children’s Week Council of Australia.
FROEBEL Australia opens revolutionary new ECEC service in heart of Uni of Melbourne's innovation precinct
4 days ago
by Jason Roberts
COVID-19 lessons from Goodstart Early Learning as country battles Omicron
1 week ago
by Freya Lucas
New ACU course helps ECEC leaders, directors and decision makers with mental health
2 days ago
by Freya Lucas