Are you ready for Early Learning Matters Week 2021?
During the last week of July 2021, early childhood educators, parents, carers and community leaders around Australia will come together to raise awareness and understanding of the importance of early learning as part of the fourth annual Early Learning Matters (ELM) Week, organised by peak body Early Childhood Australia (ECA).
ELM offers early childhood services of all types the opportunity to showcase the importance of early learning to their local community, sharing broadly the way that high quality early childhood education and care services support children to be confident, enthusiastic learners, building a foundation for wellbeing and achievement throughout their lives.
In 2021, organisers have called on the early childhood community to come together and make ELM bigger and better than ever before.
There are lots of ways to participate in ELM Week 2021, including:
- use social media to share photos and videos of how you foster children’s learning or support early learning and care services
- use social media to post a message about why early learning matters to you
- invite your local member of parliament or other community leaders to spend time at your service
- encourage families to participate in ELM activities and share messages, photos and videos
- talk to educators and teachers about early learning in your family or your community.
To subscribe to updates and stay informed about ELM, please see here.
As the week draws closer, organisers will provide tools and resources to help in planning for ELM, as well as supporting services to share their message.