Nominations open for the Queensland College of Teachers’ TeachX Awards
Queensland-based early childhood teachers are invited to join school leaders, deputy principals and principals across Queensland in applying for the Queensland College of Teachers’ TeachX Awards, which recognise and celebrate the inspiring work of educators across Queensland.
Queensland registered teachers can self-nominate or be nominated by a member of their community, with a category to suit every stage of a teacher’s career, as well as one for an outstanding contribution to their education community.
The categories are:
- The TUH Health Fund Dr Roger Hunter OAM Excellence in Beginning to Teach Award
- The Teachers Mutual Bank Dr Alan Druery OAM Excellence in Teaching Award
- The Teachers Mutual Bank Dr John Dwyer Excellent Leadership in Teaching and Learning Award
- The Courier-Mail Professor Betty Watts OBE Memorial Award for an Outstanding Contribution to Teaching
- The QSuper Dr Joe McCorley OAM Outstanding Contribution to School Community Award
- The Schoolzine Merline Muldoon Innovation in Teaching Award.
Entries close Friday, 24 July and winners will be announced at a ceremony at Customs House in Brisbane on Thursday 29 October 2020.
For details of award categories, including terms and conditions, and to access the entry forms, please see here.
Stories of previous winners may be found here.