KinderCare Education named 2019 Gallup Great Workplace for third consecutive year
KinderCare Education, an experience-based provider of early childhood education and care (ECEC) located in the United States, has been awarded the 2019 Gallup Great Workplace Award for the third consecutive year.
The award is significant not only for being repeatedly won, but also because KinderCare are the only ECEC company to ever be recognised by Gallup in this way.
KinderCare Education provides education and care to over 185,000 families in the United States, supported by over 30,000 staff and a support team of nearly 500. The KinderCare model provides long day care, a support program for employers providing on-site and near-site child care, and back up care provision, and before and after school care programs.
To determine the awards, Gallup measured employee engagement, recognising those organisations who achieved an average ratio of 17.5 engaged employees to one actively disengaged employee. This 17.5/1 ratio is more than 21 times what Gallup found in nationally representative polling in 142 countries worldwide.
“Gallup’s Great Workplace Award winners understand and acknowledge the importance of employee engagement by making it a vital part of their organisation while using it as a driving force to create real business outcomes.” said Jim Harter, Gallup’s chief scientist of workplace management and well-being.
According to Gallup, 85 per cent of employees worldwide are either generally detached from the company they work for, or are actively disengaged, potentially feeling resentful and acting out their unhappiness. This leaves just 15 percent of employees feeling highly involved and enthusiastic about their work – otherwise known as engaged. These are employees who are motivated to drive performance and innovation to move the organisation forward.
Dr Harter said that Gallup’s Great Workplace Award winners “understand and acknowledge the importance of employee engagement by making it a vital part of their organisation while using it as a driving force to create real business outcomes.”
Speaking about the journey to the award, chief human resources officer for KinderCare, Kelsey Troy, said;
“We started our engagement journey seven years ago because we wanted to make a positive, lasting change for our business and, more importantly, our people. We set our sights on a greater purpose and stronger culture than most companies ever imagine – and we made it a reality”
For more about the Gallup Great Workplace awards, click here.
Storypark embraces nature pedagogy with integration of pioneering new “Environmental Kinship Guidelines”
6 days ago
by Jason Roberts
ECEC quality ratings edge higher despite slowdown in A&R visits and spike in waivers
6 days ago
by Jason Roberts
The value of loose parts play as a vehicle for children’s imagination
1 week ago
by Freya Lucas