Stem Inquiry: Co-constructed environments for curious minds
March 29, 2022
ECA Learning Hub
This module is designed to encourage early childhood educators and teachers to engage in inquiry-based, child-led STEM practices. It discusses common notions of STEM and unfolds what STEM looks like in the early years. It also outlines the importance of STEM inquiry in the development of vital life skills and presents links to the Early Years Learning Framework.
The module will help participants explore everyday learning opportunities relevant to children’s lives and develop a basic understanding of co-constructed environments, the principles of inquiry-based learning and the concept of metacognition.
Through this module, participants will gain an understanding of:
- STEM in an early years context
- what inquiry-based and co-constructed learning is
- why inquiry practices are important for children’s future
- the educator’s role in STEM inquiry
- how STEM inquiry links to the Early Years Learning Framework.
Duration: 1 hour
Presented by Little Scientists.