Working with diverse learners in early childhood – behaviour
April 1, 2022 - April 1, 2022
HBF Stadium, 100 Stephenson Avenue, Mt Claremont, Perth, WA, Australia 6010, Perth, Australia
In this course you will:
– Understand the developing neurodiverse brain and the constraints and strengths for the student, including ADHD and ADD
– Examine what is a developmentally appropriate behaviour and behaviours that require support and intervention
– Learn and explore specific strategies, techniques and techniques to support the child with challenging behaviours / ADHD / ADD, while preserving and promoting self worth
– Develop appropriate play based activities to support students with ADHD / ADD within your classroom
– Explore the range of strategies you can use to support families to ensure a consistent approach for the child
Not only that, you will also:
– Discuss the range of challenges faced by these children and their families, and develop a plan to provide an inclusive, engaging and supportive classroom for them
– Meet and network with other colleagues and discuss and share professional knowledge and expertise.
This course is designed for Early Childhood educators and leaders who may have a child(s) with challenging behaviours / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD / ADD), or present with similar behaviours. Course materials and content have been developed with this audience in mind. Colleagues from other sectors are welcome to attend this course if they want to develop a skill set in a different context.