The young and restless: Managing ADHD in children and youth
March 1, 2021 - March 1, 2021
Mawson Lakes Hotel 10 Main St Mawson Lakes Adelaide, SA 5095
This education session will provide a brief introduction to the neuropsychology of ADHD and how allied and primary health professionals can work together to best inform a diagnosis.
Will McIntosh and Dr Daham de Silva will provide an overview of pharmacotherapy and introduce available treatment modalities for better patient outcomes.
- Explain how ADHD is a neurodevelopmental condition and discuss the unique role of neuropsychology in objective assessment of ADHD
- Differentiate clinical subtypes of ADHD
- Describe how ADHD influences broader neurocognitive functions
- Summarise how to differentiate ADHD from anxiety – important and often tricky!
- Provide an overview on pharmacotherapy for the ‘young and restless’.