The Heart of Documenting Children’s Learning & Reflective Practices
August 24, 2020 - August 24, 2020
Ibis Styles Tamworth 80-90 Ebsworth Street West Tamworth, NSW 2340
National Quality Standard 1 – Educational Program and Practices
Educational program and practice focuses on ensuring that the educational program and practice is stimulating and engaging and enhances children’s learning and development.
– Writing a Philosophy that reflects the beliefs and values of the team when working with children and families. Constructing a personal and service philosophy.
– Observing children in a meaningful way using a range of formats to document learning and development.
– Questioning the children’s learning when identifying strengths, interests, goals and needs in relation to the Frameworks.
– Plan and clarify the objectives, learning environment as the third teacher and the role of the educator.
– Act and Do. Design learning experiences through the scaffolding of intentional teaching opportunities and through identifying the interests of the child/ren.
– Reflect and Review. Assess and evaluate the children’s learning in regard to the outcomes, principles and practices of the framework. Reflect on the teaching through critical and meaningful reflective practice on own professional practices. Collaborate with others when reflecting on professional practices.
Date: Monday 24th August 2020
Time: 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m.
Venue: Ibis Styles Tamworth, 80-90 Ebsworth Street. Corner of Ebsworth and Bridge Street, Tamworth
Cost: $135 + GST (morning tea, resources and certificate provided)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0450 548 101