Ten years of reform of the for-purpose sector: Where have we come from and where are we going?
October 5, 2021 - October 5, 2021
In 2010 the Productivity Commission released a landmark report on the state of the not-for-profit sector. In this impact2021 webinar we’ll examine where we are, ten years on from the report, and discuss what the sector can do now – irrespective of government – to secure its future.
Our panellists will also debate two recent Centre for Social Impact (CSI) research programs about the for-purpose sector:
A review undertaken by CSI in December 2020 of all inquiries, reviews and high-profile investigations into reforms needed in and for the for-purpose sector, since the landmark 2010 inquiry.
CSI’s Pulse of the For Purpose Sector Report, which provides insights into the current financial position of the sector, its pressures and the impacts of the most recent reforms, such as changes to JobKeeper.
Presenters and panellists:
- Professor Peter Shergold: Chancellor, Western Sydney University / Chair, Centre for Social Impact
- Professor Kristy Muir: CEO, Centre for Social Impact
- Paul Ronalds: Group CEO, Save the Children Australia
- Belinda Drew: CEO, Community Services Industry Alliance
- Professor Gemma Carey: National Research Director & Academic Director (UNSW), Centre for Social Impact