Sustainability and Nature Play for Early Learning
August 17, 2021 - August 17, 2021
Woollahra Preschool (and/or Online via Zoom) Hugh Latimer Centre, Level 1/512 New South Head Rd, Double Bay NSW 2028,
Join us to hear how early learning centres in the Eastern Suburbs are embedding sustainability into their operations, implementing nature play programs and developing quality outdoor play areas.
Our guest presenters are Michelle Carrick, Manager of Children and Family Services at Waverley Council and Mary Boyd, Preschool Director at Woollahra Council.
What will we cover? The session will cover practical tips and advice on:
- Embedding Sustainability in Waverley Council Children’s Services
- Becoming Eco-smart children’s services
- Nature play to help build resilience
- Tour of Woollahra Preschool outdoor areas – design features and play spaces
- Sharing ideas – outdoor play spaces and activities our kids love best
Who should attend? This session is ideal for early learning and family day care educators. The content will also be relevant to Stage 1 school teachers and anyone interested in nature play.
COVID: Due to the evolving situation with COVID restrictions this event may be delivered online via Zoom only. Please register for the event to receive updates. Please select a ticket preference for online or face to face and we will confirm how we will host the event closer to the date.