Supporting Students with Complex Communication Needs
March 19, 2021 - March 19, 2021
Rocky Bay Duncraig 15 Chessell Drive Duncraig, WA 6023
This workshop was developed for educators working with people with complex communication needs as we recognise the significant importance of communication partners. The workshop aims to provide practical tools and strategies that can be used in the classroom to support AAC communicators and to develop your own skills and knowledge as a communication partner. The workshop consists of current, evidence based research, practical ideas, hands-on practice and videos covering topics such as total communication, aided language stimulation, communication styles, vocabulary selection and organisation, goal setting and literacy.
Educators who attend the workshop will leave with knowledge of:
- Current evidence based tools and strategies to support people with complex communication needs.
- How to write goals for students with complex communication needs
- How to model and use AAC with your students
- How to support students using AAC with literacy
- How to select appropriate vocabulary for your students