STEM Water Workshop 2024: Perth WA
April 29, 2024 - April 29, 2024
Association of Independent Schools of Western Australia 3/41 Walters Dr, Osborne Park WA 6017, Australia
Have you ever met a child who was not fascinated by water? From ice blocks to raindrops, children love to explore water. Come along to Little Scientist’s foundational workshop to explore STEM through the vehicle of water and the critical pedagogical topics of co-construction, metacognition, and inquiry-based learning in early education.
STEM topic: Water
In this hands-on workshop, you will learn how to create rich STEM learning experiences and use water as a topic through which to teach the outcomes of the Early Years Learning Framework. Interactive activities can include:
- Exploring water with all five senses and investigating its many aggregate states.
- Exploring the density of water by making rainbow layers and “floating” objects.
- Finding out if it’s possible to boil water in balloons and mix (and then unmix!) colour pigments in water.
- Hiding objects within bubbles and making bubble cubes.
- Exploring capillary action with the walking water experiment and watching a stick of celery turn blue.
- Observing the interactions between ice and salt and hydrophobic and hydrophilic objects. Just to name a few!