Presentation Skills Course: Communicating for Impact
December 1, 2020 - December 1, 2020
This presentation skills course will cover the following content:
Preparing for an initial positive impression
- Research your audience – form your message.
- Open, connect and have a structure.
Commencing the presentation
- Look and sound confident with calm enthusiasm – be positively memorable.
- Creating intrigue about the message (the art of storytelling) – fuelling anticipation for the key point.
Delivering the body of the presentation
- Structure the presentation to maintain audience attention and create impact.
- Work with an Open-Middle-Close structure by applying the principle of ‘less is more’ (i.e. use less words for more impact).
Ways of encouraging audience participation
- How to project certainty through your speaking cadence.
- How to check if your messages are landing and understood.
- How to build your thinking and speaking on your feet.
- Managing challenging questions from your audience.
- How to build your fluency and flexibility with ‘under fire’ questions.
- Prepared vs. impromptu public speaking.
- Movement, eye contact and gestures.
- Voice modulation.
- Dealing with nerves.
To learn more or to register, please see here.