ONLINE: Key Word Signing for the Early Childhood Setting
September 28, 2020 - September 28, 2020
Learn how Key Word Signing can be used to encourage speech and language development for children in early childhood.
* Focus age is children 2 – 5 years (including typically developing children and children using key word signing for their primary mode of communication)
* Approximately 100 signs taught for everyday objects, actions and concepts
* Learn how to sign names (basic alphabet and appropriate level finger spelling skills)
Learn how Key Word Signing with children can help:
- Increase attention and concentration
- Improve understanding / assist with behaviour management
- Teach copying skills – boost confidence and engagement
- Develop expressive language skills – speech and/or signing
** ONLINE WORKSHOP – this class will be run via Zoom with 8 participants only. A link to the Zoom session will be emailed prior to the workshop date. You can access this via computer/device/phone.
DURING THE 2 HOUR WORKSHOP
– Practise SIGNING in a fun and relaxed manner – individual signs + songs and stories
Receive resources including posters, song sheets, and a colour booklet containing photos of the signs taught. If you need this printed and posted prior to the workshop please contact us.