Little Scientists STEM Optics Workshop
June 16, 2020 - June 16, 2020
Building 21, 141 Addison Rd Marrickville
Appreciate the magic of colour, mirrors and shadows through the eyes of a child. Discover the empowering effects of child-led inquiry projects in early childhood and become immersed in your own inquiry project.
This STEM learning opportunity will help you:
- discover the potential of inquiry projects for effective practice in early childhood education
- create a stimulating environment for children to support the collaborative and innovative spirit of your group
- collect ideas for inquiry projects that scaffold children’s learning and development
- explore children’s concepts of colours, mirrors and shadows
- understand the fundamentals of visual perception
- benefit from the exchange with like-minded educators and reflect on your current practice
- feel confident in unlocking the wonders of STEM.
You will also receive comprehensive materials with lots of STEM ideas and information about inquiry-based practices.
Topic learning objectives
- Discovering the potential of inquiry projects in early childhood education
- Fostering children’s collaborative and innovative spirit through inquiry projects
- Scaffolding children’s concepts of colours, mirrors and shadows
Good to know: This workshop provides educators and teachers with a variety of tools and educational concepts to meet a range of requirements of the NQF and the EYLF.
Parking: Parking is available within the vicinity of the venue
Further information: Wear clothing suitable for hands-on activities and experiments.
Cost: $200 per participant. Ticket cost includes morning and afternoon tea. Please BYO lunch.
Who? This workshop is suitable for all educators and teachers and prior STEM knowledge is not required.
Facilitators: Louise Black, Little Scientists trainer.
For more information or to register, please see here.