Little Scientists STEM Computer Science Workshop, Shailer Park QLD
November 23, 2021 - November 23, 2021
Australian Institute of Early Childhood Studies 56 Commercial Dr, Shailer Park QLD 4128, Australia
Immerse yourself in the world of computer science and playfully explore algorithms, sequencing and sorting without using computers. Understand the basic concepts of computational thinking and learn how to unlock the world of computers for children.
This STEM learning opportunity will help you:
- understand the fundamentals of computational thinking
- learn how to recognise learning opportunities for computational concepts
- playfully explore algorithms, sequencing and sorting without computers
- collect ideas for age-appropriate computer science experiences
- benefit from the exchange with like-minded educators and reflect on your current practice
- feel confident in unlocking the wonders of STEM.
You will also receive comprehensive materials with lots of STEM ideas and information about inquiry-based practices.
Topic learning objectives
- Comprehending computer science concepts without computers
- Supporting computational thinking in the early years
- Implementing computer science experiences in early childhood education
Good to know: This workshop provides educators and teachers with a variety of tools and educational concepts to meet a range of requirements of the NQF and the EYLF.
Parking: Parking is available within the vicinity of the venue
Further information: Wear clothing suitable for hands-on activities and experiments.
Cost: $215 per participant. Ticket cost includes morning and afternoon tea. Please BYO lunch.
Who? This workshop is suitable for all educators and teachers and prior STEM knowledge is not required.
Facilitators: Marice Watts and Lisa Dolby, Little Scientists trainers
Please note: The workshop is for educators and teachers only and it is not suitable for children to attend.
Questions? Email us at [email protected]