Little Scientists STEM Acoustics Workshop, Perth
March 11, 2022 - March 11, 2022
Association of Independent Schools of Western Australia (Suite 5) 3/41 Walters Dr, Osborne Park WA 6017
Explore the presence and absence of sound, create your own sound maker and tell a sound story. Emphasise the potential of peer group learning in co-constructed environments and reflect on the educator’s impact on group dynamics.
This STEM learning opportunity will help you:
- recognise how co-constructed environments support peer group learning
- reflect on the role of the educator in enhancing children’s verbal and non-verbal communication with peers
- experience the effects of group dynamics on the learner
- explore the world of sound by listening to the environment
- discover acoustics by producing sounds, making noise and experiencing silence
- benefit from the exchange with like-minded educators and reflect on your current practice
- feel confident in unlocking the wonders of STEM.
- You will also receive comprehensive materials with lots of STEM ideas and information about inquiry-based practices.
Topic learning objectives
- Enhancing peer group learning in co-constructed environments
- Supporting children’s verbal and non-verbal communication with peers
- Acoustics phenomena as a gateway into STEM inquiry
Good to know: This workshop provides educators and teachers with a variety of tools and educational concepts to meet a range of requirements of the NQF and the EYLF.
Parking: Parking is available within the vicinity of the venue
Further information: Wear clothing suitable for hands-on activities and experiments.
Cost: $215 per participant. Ticket cost includes morning and afternoon tea. Please BYO lunch.
Facilitator: Wendy Gorman, Little Scientists trainer.
Who? This workshop is suitable for all educators and teachers and prior STEM knowledge is not required.
Little Scientists House: Completing this workshop contributes to becoming a Little Scientists House. To find out more about our national certification program click here.