Learning and Playing in and with nature
September 12, 2020 - September 12, 2020
This 1-day workshop is suitable for educators caring for children aged 0-12 with all workshop content mapped to the Early Years Learning Framework and My Time Our Place. This workshop will provide educators with the theoretical and practical knowledge and ideas, to embed nature play and outdoor learning into your existing curriculum and play within the boundaries of your service setting. It includes resources to support progression and whole service implementation.
- Explore the principles and practice of Learning in Nature through Nature Pedagogy.
- Explore the Forest School model: the history, ethos, approach, and the benefits for contemporary children and learning communities.
- Explore techniques to implement these principles and practices in the context of your service play spaces within the fence.
- Explore nature play resources, including the use of risk-benefit assessments.
- Explore curriculum possibilities across all play spaces indoors and outdoors.
- Explore the links to the Early Years Learning Framework and My Time Our Place.
- Explore how to inspire the whole educator team and families to support nature play developments in your setting.
- Take part in adaptable and practical Nature Learning activities.
- Engage in an action plan to take back to your service.
Receive free introductory resources to take back to your setting.