Indigenous Community Engagement for Early Education (regional)
June 4, 2021 - June 4, 2021
Ganggalah Church 139-141 Minjungbal Drive #2 Tweed Heads South, NSW 2486
In the lead up to NAIDOC Week 2021, local Indigenous owned and operated business, Biyang Yukul would like to invite all regional early learning educators and staff to our Indigenous Community Engagement Seminar.
This seminar is designed to support early learning centres from the Tweed region that require further cultural safety & personal development opportunities, cultural advice for existing cultural safety advisors and/or RAP champions, and/or centres wanting to embed more Indigenous perspectives into curriculum and learning.
Key benefits and learning outcomes include:
• Proactive steps to increase positive engagement
• Greater cultural awareness to support teaching Indigenous perspectives
• Greater cultural safety to support existing initiatives
• Addressing Indigenous communication to minimise miscommunication
• Improved stakeholder engagement & relationships
Spots are limited to 45 people, so only up to two representatives from each service is strongly recommended. This is a 3 hour seminar and morning tea will be provided.