GROWING GROWTH MINDSET IN EARLY CHILDHOOD
June 1, 2022 - June 1, 2022
HBF Stadium, 100 Stephenson Avenue, Mt Claremont, Perth, WA, Australia 6010, Perth, Australia
The opportunities to develop a growth mindset in our very young children is critical in the Early Childhood setting. We will explore exactly what a growth mindset is, how the recent research in brain development and growth impacts on growth mindset and how you can develop this critical skill by using simple, yet effective strategies and activities that will have your children seeing themselves as capable of tackling any challenges they may face.
Do you work with young children? Have you heard your colleagues talking about growth mindset or read and heard about it? Are you confused as to what it really is, and how it is relevant in an early childhood setting?
You are certainly not alone. We know exactly what it feels like to be the only person who does not use the latest pedagogical language, never mind understand it! We are also hearing from educators just like you that they don’t know what a growth mindset is in the early childhood setting, nor do they know how to foster it. Well this does not need to be you.
Elevated Education is excited to share with you the latest research around growth mindset and how to turn that research into practice within your early childhood setting. We will share with you how we fostered a growth mindset in our very young pupils and challenged the fixed mindset. What is exciting about fostering a growth mindset is the opportunity we get to reflect on our own practice and mindset too.
You will take home with you:
– All course notes including professional readings and research that underpin your learning about developing a growth mindset in very young children
– Strategies and resources to use to foster a growth mindset
– Ideas on how to develop a culture of growth mindset within your setting
Not only that, you will also:
– Network with like minded colleagues and share good practice ideas
– Examine your own mindset and reflect on strategies you can use to help you achieve your own goals
– Complete learning hours which you can use in your professional portfolio.
All workshop participants will be awarded a certificate which details their learning and what professional standards have been covered. This will be given as a hard copy and sent digitally.