Going to kindy – staff training
May 19, 2021 - May 26, 2021
Meadowbrook Conference Room, L07 Room 4.07, Griffith University Logan Campus University Drive Meadowbrook Logan, QLD 4131
Who is the training for?
The Going to Kindy training is designed for staff who work or have contact with parents and caregivers of young children in Logan, and who are interested in:
- championing the benefits of kindergarten, and
- being an information and/or support resource on kindergarten for parents and caregivers.
What will I learn?
This training provides participants with:
- a deeper understanding of kindergarten and its importance for Logan children
- barriers to kindergarten access and participation for Logan families including cultural considerations
- Logan Together’s strategy to get more Logan children to kindergarten and how we can all play a role.
Participants will gain knowledge and skills in:
- using behaviour change approaches including Motivational Interviewing and Stages of Change Theory, and an appropriate cultural lens, when communicating with parents and caregivers about kindergarten.
- responding to key issues and questions from parents and caregivers
- advising on options to reduce cost and other barriers to kindergarten access and participation
- offering guidance on how to choose a quality kindergarten that’s right for each child/family
- supporting parents and caregivers with kindergarten enrolment planning
What else to expect!
Other features of the training include:
- In-training Kindy experiences
- Parent stories
- Guest presenters
- Virtual kindy tours
- Pair and group sharing
- Role plays and more
- Carrie Rose, Approved Provider, Rosie’s Early Learning
- Alba Perez, Multi-cultural Service Officer, Services Australia
- Hyano Moser, Program Lead, Logan Together Backbone Team and Logan’s “Play Guru”
- Kerry Smith, Approved Provider, We Belong Family Day Care Services
Video presentations from Access Community Services and Village Connect also feature in the training.
When is the training?
This is a two-day training event being held on:
- Wednesday 19th May (9.30 to 3.30 pm) and
- Wednesday 26th May (9.30 to 3.30 pm)
Participants are advised to attend the two days to get the full benefit of the training. Register here.