Engaging and evidence-informed maths activities for 3–7 year olds
May 2, 2023 - May 2, 2023
Mathematics plays a key role in a child’s development. Young children are naturally curious, noticing differences in the quantity and shape of objects, and use early mathematical concepts when they play.
Developing early mathematical understanding is important for children’s later success at school and in their lives more broadly.
Join us for a free webinar on 2 May 2023 at 5pm AEST where we will discuss maths in the early years (for ages 3-7) and highlight fun and easy ways for you to incorporate maths activities and experiences into the day.
During the webinar, we will explore:
– The latest international and Australian evidence and recommendations from E4L’s Guidance Report on early mathematics
– Reflections and examples from Australian academics and educators about how to put the recommendations into action
– Practical, evidence-informed strategies such as using games, songs, puzzles and stories to develop maths language and concepts.
You’ll hear from:
– Professor Marina Papic, Australian Catholic University
– James Ellis, Lead Teacher in a Birth to Year 6 setting in South Australia
– Juanita Milne, Kindergarten Teacher at Goodstart Early Learning Townsville
5:00 – 6:00pm AEST (ACT, NSW, Tas, QLD, Vic) 4:30 – 5:30pm ACST (NT, SA) 3:00 – 4:00pm AWST (WA)