Deakin STEM Education Conference 2021
June 21, 2021 - June 22, 2021
Geelong Tech School Level 2, K Building, The Gordon Latrobe Terrace Geelong, VIC 3220
The Deakin STEM Education Conference 2021 will provide a forum for schools and educators to share their innovations and join the discussion about how to use STEM education and entrepreneurship to develop the next generation of creative and innovative thinkers.
The conference will include keynotes, invited presentations, workshops, paper presentations and a bus tour (optional).
The conference aims are to:
- Unpack the nature of, and possibilities for, STEM and entrepreneurship education for Australia and internationally
- Share best practices for STEM and entrepreneurship education
- Promote quality STEM education and cross-curriculum links
- Explore how schools can stimulate the development of entrepreneurial attitudes, skills and knowledge within a STEM-related context
- Explore how schools can mobilise and benefit from links with industry and the community
- Explore how STEM and entrepreneurship education can interact to contribute to all young Australians becoming successful learners, confident and creative individuals, and active and informed citizens.
- Early childhood, primary and secondary teachers
- Teachers of science, mathematics, engineering design and digital technology
- Pre-service teachers
- Entrepreneurship educators
- Careers teachers
- Curriculum designers and resource developers
- University educators from education, science, engineering, mathematics and digital technology
- STEM industry representatives
- STEM education bodies
- Local, national and international STEM Centres
For more information or to register see here.