Connect with stories and storytelling
October 22, 2020 - October 22, 2020
Is there any childhood without stories?
Stories and storytelling are an integral part of being human, and have been for thousands of years. Using books and stories as part of our work with young children presents immense opportunities for learning, in so many ways. This Connect Event will help educators explore these opportunities and navigate the pedagogic tensions of intentional teaching and child-led play.
The event will also focus on:
• cultural stories and the intersection between culture and language
• curriculum connections and pedagogic possibilities in literacy and storytelling
• latest research and practice
• the use of stories in advocacy and inclusion
• the role of the author and publication
• community-based opportunities beyond the classroom.