Children and Young People’s Mental Health during COVID-19
November 11, 2020 - November 11, 2020
ARACY’s next Roundtable will consider how to protect and promote children’s good mental health and resilience during and after COVID-19. During the round table we will explore the following questions:
- What can we expect the impact of COVID-19 and lockdowns to be on the mental health of our children and young people?
- How will these impacts intersect with and compound the effects of other traumatic events and issues such as the 2019/2020 bushfires?
- How should our mental health system respond, and how can other services and systems play a role in promoting resilience and strong mental health?
This Roundtable will be of interest to policymakers in all spheres of mental health and child wellbeing. Audience members are invited to submit questions to the panel during the Roundtable.
- Dr Ruth Vine, Deputy Chief Medical Officer for Mental Health
- Professor Ngiare Brown, National Mental Health Commission
- Professor Patrick McGorry, Executive Director Orygen
- Moderated by Penny Dakin, ARACY CEO
Title: Virtual Roundtable: Children and Young People’s Mental Health during COVID-19
Date & time: Wednesday, 11 November 2020, 12.30pm-2.00pm AEDT (Please be aware of the impact of daylight saving on broadcast times in your area)
Price: Free of charge