Building communities that keep children safe from domestic and family violence
September 10, 2021 - September 10, 2021
Every child, in every community, needs a safe home.
Yet we know that far too many children are living with violence every day. We see domestic violence as a factor in the majority of substantiated child abuse cases in Australia.
This webinar will explore a vision for safer communities where children and young people are at the centre of our conversations and actions as we address domestic and family violence.
Join us for a conversation including:
- What children and young people are telling us about their experiences of domestic and family violence
- How those of us working with children can be more aware of domestic and family violence
- And how those of us working with domestic and family violence victim-survivors can be more child aware
- The need to support children and young people as victim-survivors in their own right
- How factors including sexuality, gender, culture and disability can impact where there’s violence happening at home
- What we can do to make it better for the next generation