Beyond First Aid – Helping Sick and Injured Children with Confidence – NESA Registered PD
March 5, 2020 - March 5, 2020
CELA, Building 21,142 Addison Road Marrickville
BEYOND FIRST AID – HELPING SICK AND INJURED CHILDREN WITH CONFIDENCE
Do you feel comfortable putting first aid into practice when a sick child presents?
Did you know that what you do in the minutes before an ambulance arrives will have a direct effect on the outcome of a sick or injured child you are caring for?
Going beyond basic first aid, it’s essential to recognise the red flags that can indicate serious illness in babies and children.
In this workshop the CPR Kids paediatric nurses will cover:
- – Fever and febrile seizures – a hot topic in caring for children
- – Red flags – what should I be looking for?
- – Rashes in kids – when should I worry?
- – Diarrhoea and vomiting – stopping the spread
- – Prevention, recognition and response to choking
- – Head injuries in babies and children – from a bump to a break and should I keep them awake?
- – How to care for children with common medical conditions such as diabetes, epilepsy and cystic fibrosis in a medical emergency
This workshop will provide educators and carers with essential knowledge to manage sick and injured children, with confidence.
For more information, or to book, please see here.