Authentic Leadership (Melbourne)
August 14, 2019 - August 15, 2019
Melbourne Business School, 200 Leicester St, Carlton
Challenging conventional assumptions about leadership, this two-day transformative workshop will help you take control of your career.
Dr Dana Born – a lecturer in public policy at the Harvard Kennedy School and distinguished former military leader – will help you understand your personal story, how to lead effectively and how to find leadership purpose
Learn to shift your leadership focus from “I” to “we”, whilst discovering that authentic leadership is about leading by example and empowering others.
This workshop is also being delivered in Townsville and Perth
What will you learn?
Over two days, Dr Born will guide you through case studies, individual exercises, debates and small-group discussions. There are also industry presentations and case studies using real-world public sector examples. You will create a leadership purpose statement to launch your own “true north” development plan.
A small amount of pre-course preparation is recommended.
Authentic leadership content will include:
- Who are you?
- Where are you headed?
- Values, principles and ethical boundaries
- Integrated life and support team
- Courageous conversations
- Empowering others to lead
- Your leadership purpose.
Who should attend
- Mid-to-senior-level managers in the public and not-for-profit sectors who are interested in their own leadership development and the leadership development of others.
Who will lead the course?
- Dr Dana H. Born – Faculty Co-Director for Center for Public Leadership, Faculty Chair for Senior Executive Fellows Program, and Lecturer in Public Policy at the Harvard Kennedy School (HKS), as well as a retired Brigadier General with 30 years of service in the United States Air Force. Read Dr Born’s biography.
How much will it cost?
$AU 2,475 (inc. GST)
$AU 2,250 (ex. GST)
ANZSOG alumni receive a 15% discount*
Receive a 25% discount for registrations of four or more people**
*Every person that completes the Executive Masters of Public Administration, Executive Fellows Program, Towards Strategic Leadership or an international program becomes part of our alumni. Find out more about our alumni community.
**Only one discount is redeemable for each registration.
To enquire about this workshop, please complete the executive workshop enquiry form.
- All participants will receive access to ANZSOG’s eLearning site which will include workshop preparation materials and general information.
- All students will receive a copy of textbook True North by Bill Geroge.