Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Cultural Awareness Forum
November 11, 2020 - November 11, 2020
Monash Medical Centre - Lecture Theatre 2 246 Clayton Road Clayton, Victoria 3168
This Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Cultural Awareness Forum is delivered by Dr Ngaree Blow.
The learning objectives of this forum include:
- Describe and identify key features of the term ‘cultural safety’ and associated language
- Reflect upon and describe the ways culture influences health and informs our healthcare system
- Explain the principles of effective communication with culturally diverse patients
- Identify and understand the purpose for Reconciliation Action Plans within healthcare systems
- Recognise your role as health professionals in providing culturally safe practice
- Increased understanding of the six actions in the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards that focus on Aboriginal Health.
For more information or to register, see here