2021 Research Symposium
July 10, 2021 - July 10, 2021
Reggio Emilia Australia
2021 Research Symposium
Date: Saturday 10 July 2021
Time: 10am – 5pm (AEST)
Australian content recordings will be made available from
Wednesday 14 July until Saturday 28 August.
Click here to view a schedule for the day and register
Titled Landscapes of relationships: inspiration, exchange, and dialogue for the future of childhood, the Symposium adopts the same title as the next REAIE conference.
The Research Symposium seeks to challenge continuing binaries that separate theory and practice and classroom teachers and university researchers. It will be a space which brings teachers and academics together in a shared place of encounter. A place for everyone to participate.
Bringing together a rich array of research perspectives, the Symposium aims to create a platform to share, exchange and stimulate thinking…to excite participant’s understanding of the integral role of educational research, as both underpinning and informing day to day classroom practice. Our intention is to highlight the significance of seeing ourselves as teacher-researchers and to make visible the essential relationship that exists between theory, innovation and classroom practice.
The Research Symposium will be presented in 3 sections.
The morning session will be hosted in our Auditorium (a live Zoom webinar) with Speakers Claudia Giudici – President of Reggio Children, Jan Millikan, founding member of REAIE, and Dr Jane Merewether and Dr Stefania Giamminuti.
In the afternoon attendees will be invited to explore offerings from Reggio Children and to visit our 3 Conference rooms: Inspiration, Exchange & Dialogue. Each room will host presentations from various speakers in the form of pre recorded videos and supporting documentation.
In the evening session you are invited to return to The Auditorium for a Live Q&A with Claudia Giudici and celebrate the 21st Anniversary of REAIE.
RESEARCH SYMPOSIUM TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Please ensure a personal email address is used when registering to ensure you receive the zoom link to join the presentations. The zoom link will be sent out just prior to the event.
- Australian content recordings will be made available from Wednesday 14 July until Saturday 28 August. This time period is not negotiable. If you are unable to view the presentations on the scheduled date or wish to rewatch the presentations please do so within this timeframe. Any requests for extensions will not be possible.
- Presentations are for individual use and are not to be shared.
- Student Registrations are open only to FULL-TIME students (currently enrolled in an appropriate course). Copies of Student Cards are required with registrations. Early bird rates do not apply to student registrations.
- Participants will need to download the (free) Zoom platform https://zoom.us/
- It is suggested for participants to use a laptop or desktop – not a phone, this allows for easier use of the webinar tools.
- No part of the discussion may be recorded by participants nor screenshots taken – reference material will be sent to participants after the event.
- You are invited to utilise the features within zoom webinar for example the chat feature and the Q & A feature when made available by the presenter.
- Cancellations must be made via email to [email protected] NO LATER THAN 5 business days before the event. All refunds will incur a 20% administration fee. Cancellations made within 5 business days of an event will not be refunded.
- There is no refund for non-attendance at an event.
- All participants will receive a certificate of participation.
- All sessions will be recorded.
- The purchase of webinar attendance is for use by the purchaser only and registration information should not be forwarded on to third parties; doing so may hinder your own access, as webinar entry is by prior registration only. Similarly, the materials and replay of webinars are for use by the purchaser only and should not be forwarded on to third parties.