An Encounter with Languages: The role of the Atelierista
October 19, 2020 - October 19, 2020
The atelier brings the strength and joy of the unexpected and the uncommon to the process of learning. It supports a conceptual change that comes from looking through a poetic lens at everyday reality. (Vecchi, 1995 p. 303).
This webinar will focus on the complexity of the role of the atelierista within an early learning setting. Emphasis will be given to the atelier as a dynamic laboratory of research, creativity and discovery.
Caterina Pennestri, Kate Mount and Kirsty Porplycia will share their perspective on the evolution of the atelierista role within their educational context. This webinar will build a collaborative dialogue amongst the atelierista, the teacher and the centre Director. The atelierista will share the importance and intentionality of the curation of materials and learning context to support the children’s expressions through the hundred languages.
Presenters: Caterina Pennestri, Kate Mount and Kirsty Porplycia
Date: Monday 19 October 2020
Time: 7.30pm – 8.30pm (AEDT)
All webinars will be recorded and made available to participants the day after the webinar for a period of 48 hours.
Webinar Terms and Conditions:
• Participants will need to download the (free) Zoom platform https://zoom.us/
• It is preferable for participants to use a laptop or desktop – not a phone, this allows for easier use of the webinar tools.
• No part of the discussion may be recorded by participants nor screenshots taken.
• REAIE will be utilizing a range of tools during the webinar to enable participation.
• You are invited to utilise the features within Zoom webinar for example the chat feature and the Q & A feature.
• Notice of cancellation needs to be received in writing at least 5 working days prior to the session date. There are no refunds for nonattendance.
• All participants will receive a certificate of participation.
• Reference materials will be provided to participants.
• All sessions will be recorded for QA purposes and for participants to access post the event for 48 hrs.
• The purchase of webinar attendance is for use by the purchaser only and registration information should not be forwarded on to third parties; doing so may hinder your own access, as webinar entry is by prior registration only. Similarly, the materials and replay of webinars are for use by the purchaser only and should not be forwarded on to third parties.