Applications are now open for 2021 Early Childhood Degree Scholarship Program
The Early Childhood Policy and Regulation Branch of the ACT Education Directorate has committed to increasing the number and profile of degree-qualified educators in the ACT.
One of the ways in which it is working towards this goal is through the Early Childhood Degree Scholarship Program, with applications for the 2021 cohort now open. The program will provide eight individuals, who are currently working in the ACT non-government education and care sector with financial assistance to gain an approved early childhood degree qualification.
The scholarship offers:
- Funding of up to $25,000 per scholarship, for full time or part time study
- Encouragement to Employers to contribute to the funding, enabling higher numbers of scholarships to be offered
- Funding to employers to backfill staff while they are on study placement
- Funding to employers for students to attend a four-week placement in CECA in their final year of study and
- An Early Childhood Degree Scholarship Program Deed between student, employer, and ACT Government.
For more information, or to request an information pack, email the Children’s Education and Care Assurance at [email protected]u or call 02 6207 1114.
Applications close on 31 January 2021.