G8 Education announces Regional winners in 2019 ‘Standout Educator’ Awards
G8 Education have named the early childhood educators who have been identified as regional finalists for the 2019 ‘Standout Educator Awards’ program.
Selected from 11,000 educators across the country, the Regional winners were nominated by parents in their services, and their coworkers, for their outstanding contribution to the wellbeing and healthy development of the children in their care.
G8’s Managing Director, Gary Carroll, said the recognition was testament to the dedication shown by all educators, but especially those nominated, to providing superior learning and development outcomes for the children in their care.
“To be selected is not only reward for their dedication to going above and beyond each and every day but it also emphasises the special bond that they have with the children.” Mr Carroll said.
The Standout Educator Awards program, which has been in play for three years, gives an opportunity for parents and peers to highlight the many elements which combine to provide a wonderful experience of early learning for children.
The nominations this year acknowledged “everything from teaching techniques through to their personal attributes and willingness to support children and families in their day to day lives” a spokesperson said.
Of the 25 Regional winners, six will be chosen as national finalists. The six finalists will be announced on Early Childhood Educators Day, 4 September, when early learning services across the country celebrate the important role educators play in supporting the learning and development of Australia’s children.
The National winner will be announced at the G8 Education 2020 Centre Manager Conference in March 2020.
G8 Education extended their congratulations to the following Regional winners:
- Anjana Chand, World of Learning Waterford West – Brisbane Regional Winner.
- Jessica Kish, Community Kids Coomera – Gold Coast Regional Winner.
- Julia Popham, Pelicans in the Park – North Queensland Regional Winner.
- Rosemarie Snow, Bundaberg Early Learning Centre – Wide Bay/Burnett Regional Winner.
- Chloe Hammer, Jellybeans Childcare Carine – Northern Perth Regional Winner.
- Jessica Baptiste, Great Beginnings Gosnells – Southern Perth Regional Winner.
- Jemimah McInerney, Community Kids Mount Gambier – Adelaide Metro Regional Winner.
New South Wales/ ACT
- Kimberley Grealy, World of Learning Gold Creek – ACT Regional Winner.
- Shari Broadhurst, Little Angels World of Learning – Northern NSW Regional Winner.
- Jake Fowles, Kindy Patch Elermore Vale – Hunter/New England Regional Winner.
- Carla Theys, Great Beginnings Gymea – Sutherland Shire Regional Winner.
- Natalie Alam, Kinder Haven Kensington – Sydney Regional Winner.
- Deanne Allan, Greenwood Hunters Hill – Sydney’s Lower North Shore Regional Winner.
- Neerja Mehta, Greenwood Lane Cove – Sydney’s North Regional Winner.
- Alicia Tees, First Grammar Baulkham Hills – Sydney’s North West Regional Winner.
- Adam Roberts, Manly Vale Early Learning Service – Sydney’s Northern Beaches Regional Winner.
- Leah Lund, World of Learning Punchbowl – Sydney’s South West Regional Winner.
- Brielle Paludetto, Community Kids Merrylands – Sydney’s West Regional Winner.
- Jacqui Josephs, Community Kids Dubbo – NSW Central West Regional Winner.
- James Horgan, Greenwood Scoresby – VIC Eastern Metro Regional Winner.
- Angie Hayden, Great Beginnings Epsom – VIC Grampians & Central West Regional Winner.
- Heather Hayes, First Grammar Gumnut Drive – VIC South East Metro Regional Winner.
- Jaymee Thompson, The Learning Sanctuary Ashwood – VIC Southern Metro Regional Winner.
- Consuelo Duque Lopez, The Learning Sanctuary Footscray – VIC Western Metro Regional Winner.
- Stephanie Ryan, Great Beginnings Curlewis – Phillip Island & Gippsland Regional Winner.
For more information about G8 Education, please see here.