Cubsta: new childcare management software launches
A new cloud-based childcare management software, called Cubsta, has been launched by a digital agency in Sydney, with the aim to become a complete software solution that allows early childhood education and care (ECEC) services to manage their entire operation.
The Pocket Full of Dreams Pty Limited digital agency developed the software in-house after its founder Divij Mehta began sending his one year old to an ECEC service in late 2016. Mr Mehta was surprised at the amount of paper being used within the centre, and noticed that it was leading to inefficiencies across its service.
Mr Mehta approached others within the sector to better understand the processes that were required, compliance requirements, and the operational challenges of running an ECEC service. After digesting the sector’s feedback, Cubsta was developed.
The software currently comes with five features, with more to be rolled out in the near future. The five features include:
- Daily sheets: providing educators with the ability to share meals, drinks, nappies/toilet information with parents.
- In-class activities: allowing educators to share learning milestones as they happen using narratives and images.
- Newsletters: allowing ECEC managers to send out centre-wide notifications to parents via email.
- Notes: an in-app chat system that allows educators and parents to communicate in a private setting.
- Child records management: enabling the recording of a child’s personal information including emergency contacts, immunisation records and medication.
Pocket Full of Dreams said that the software can be customised to fit the unique needs of individual ECEC services, providing centres with the ability to make changes to existing software functions, or develop completely new functions to meet their centre needs.
The company also plans to incorporating enrolment, billing, checklist creator, and Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) functionality into the software.
The Cubsta software comes with three user types: two users types for centre management and educators, and one user type for parents.
“This allows parents to get better insights into their child’s early learning journey. From the meals being served to the educational activities being undertaken at the centre, parents can view all of this information using a simple dashboard,” a Pocket Full of Dreams spokesperson said.
“The vision is to make Cubsta a complete software solution that allows day care centres to manage the entire operations, from enrolment to graduation.”
For more information, visit the Cubsta website.