Another round of records fall at Burgess Rawson auctions as demand for ECEC freeholds remains robust
Early childhood education and care (ECEC) focused real estate and business broker Burgess Rawson has completed its latest auction campaign in which multiple new price records were released as strong investor demand continues to drive prices firmly higher.
A total of ten centres were sold with a combined value of $69.6 million and blended yield of 4.98 per cent.
Of the centres sold four outright records were achieved with lowest ever yields of 4.99 per cent in South Australia, 4.84 per cent in regional Queensland, 4.69 per cent in Brisbane and 4.36 per cent for a centre priced at more than $10 million in metro Melbourne.
“It has been another remarkable campaign for Burgess Rawson and the many owners and investors participating in our auctions across the eastern seaboard,” National Head of Agency, Adam Thomas said.
“Not only were records achieved on a range of assets, the depth of the market continues to strengthen as well with each site attracting very significant investor interest as evidenced by Hallett Cove in South Australia which attracted 24 registered bidders and more than 80 individual bids before it finally sold.”
“It has been a very exciting year for the ECEC real estate market in 2021 and we anticipate the momentum continuing as we look ahead to 2022.”
Auction results for this campaign were as follows:
- Dubbo, NSW 124 place centre leased to Imagine Childcare & Kindergarten sold for $7.6m at a yield of 5.64 per cent
- Warriewood, NSW 90 licence place centre leased to Owl & the Pussycat Preschool sold but price and yield not disclosed
- Banyo, QLD 61 licence place centre leased to Journey Early Learning sold for $4.66m at a yield of 4.69 per cent
- Marian, QLD 104 licence place centre leased to Petit Early Learning Journey sold for $4.75m at a yield of 5.66 per cent
- Urangan, QLD 75 licence place centre leased to TG’s Childcare sold for $1.5m at a yield of 4.84 per cent
- Bendigo, VIC 124 licence place centre leased to G8 Education Ltd sold for $6.4m at a yield of 5.51 per cent
- Hallett Cove, SA 30 licence place centre leased to Global Sky Education sold for $1.692m at a yield of 3.99 per cent
- Pascoe Vale South, VIC 136 licence place centre leased to Only About Children sold for $12.522m at a yield of 4.36 per cent
- Wantirna South, VIC 38 licence place centre leased to Advance Childcare sold for $12.77m at a yield of 4.40 per cent
- Bulleen, VIC 128 licence place centre leased to Kids Club sold for $11.35m at a yield of 5.2 per cent
A detailed list of property information, including a recorded version of auction live stream, bidding increments and individual centre information can be found here.
Further information about the services offered by Burgess Rawson may be found here.
Changemaker sought as Goodstart opens COO role for the first time in a decade
by Freya Lucas
Dreaming about owning your own centre? It’s easier than you think!
by Marketplace Editor
Flowers, chocolates, promises: now too late for early childhood educators
by Freya Lucas