Are you ready for National Safe Work Month: Work Health and Safety through COVID-19?
Safe Work Australia launched the theme and associated campaign kit for this year’s National Safe Work Month earlier this morning.
In 2020 the theme, Work Health and Safety through COVID-19, acknowledges and reflects the impacts of COVID-19 on work health and safety, recognising that every Australian workplace has been affected by the global pandemic and that workplaces have had to adapt their practices and procedures to reduce the WHS risks associated with COVID-19.
This year’s campaign kit resources are digitally focused and include web graphics, social media tiles and document templates which can be customised to appeal to a broad range of organisations, sectors and industries.
Over the coming months, additional resources will be made available on the National Safe Work Month website, including animations and information sheets on COVID-19 work health and safety.
Safe Work Australia encouraged businesses of all types, including those who engage in early childhood education and care (ECEC) services to begin planning work health and safety activities for October by joining National Safe Work Month.
To participate, follow these steps:
- Go to the National Safe Work Month Website and download a range of resources from the campaign kit.
- Customise and share the resources with your workplace, work teams, supervisor and/or health and safety representative.
- Follow Safe Work Australia on social media to keep up to date on new campaign materials and to share National Safe Work Month updates.
- Use the hashtags #safeworkmonth and #safetytogether when promoting National Safe Work Month on social media.
- Keep an eye on the National Safe Work Month website or subscribe to the mailing list to keep updated on the latest news.
Further advice and support about COVID-19 workplace safety may be found here.