Queensland Government funding boost – $773,000 for community organisations
The Queensland Government is delivering 31 funding grants worth $773,000 to community organisations, including those in early childhood education and care (ECEC) in North West Queensland under the latest round of the Gambling Community Benefit Fund (GCBF).
A number of early childhood education and care (ECEC) services benefited from the latest round of funding, including Injilinji Community Preschool and Kindergarten Association Incorporated who received $21, 545 for flooring upgrades, and Kawana Community Kindergarten and Preschool Association who will use the $15,000 received to upgrade kitchen facilities.
Queensland Attorney-General and Minister for Justice Yvette D’Ath congratulated the recipients on a visit to Mount Isa Hockey Association, one of the funded organisations, saying the funds will make a huge difference to these organisations, and that the Grant are “another sign of the government’s commitment to ensuring regional Queenslanders can access quality services and facilities.”
Over the past 25 years, GCBF has distributed more than $902 million to community groups helping Queenslanders.
A full list of ECEC recipients in the most recent round of funding is as follows:
- Injilinji Community Preschool And Kindergarten Association Inc. Upgrade Flooring $21,545.00
- Kawana Community Kindergarten & Preschool Association Inc. Upgrade Kitchen $15,000.00
- Cribb Street Childcare Inc Paint Interior and Exterior of Building $15,000.00
- Crows Nest And District Children’s Centre And Kindergarten Association Inc Install Rubber Surface $30,750.00
- Elfin House Community Child Care Centre Inc. Purchase IT Equipment $16,832.72
- Hear And Say – Centre For Deaf Children Limited Brisbane Audiology – Hear and Say Purchase Auditory Brainstem Response Equipment $35,000.00
- The Creche And Kindergarten Association Limited C&K Sunset Community Kindergarten Purchase Educational Resources $25,679.54
- Central Highlands & Western Qld Family Support Association Inc. Install Security System and Upgrade Fencing $13,500.00
- Giru Daycare Association Inc. Upgrade Flooring $35,000.00
- Hughenden Kindergarten Association Inc. Install Playground and Upgrade Sandpit $34,964.80
- Dayboro Community Kindergarten Association Inc Update Equipment $18,795.00
- The Banyo Kindergarten Association Inc. Upgrade Play Space Exploration Zone and Purchase Signs 15,540.00
- Warwick Community Kindergarten Association Inc Upgrade Lighting and Install Water Tank 5,493.43
For more information on GCBF grants, including a full list of recipients, visit www.justice.qld.gov.au/grants