Teacher Registration Partner VIC
March 29, 2022
- Work with a dedicated team of early childhood education and care specialists
- Access to a broad range of development opportunities
- Support Early Childhood Teachers to gain full registration across Victoria
G8 Education is an ASX 300 organisation and leading provider of quality early education and care services. Owning over 450 Centres and with over 10,000 team members, we are continually expanding and looking to grow and strengthen our network.
About the role:
As the Teacher Registration Partner, you’ll be responsible for supporting provisionally registered teacher through to proficient status. This involves identifying teachers who are eligible for teacher registration, facilitating an induction as their registration supervisor, and mentoring them through the process to completion.
This role has the combination of working from home, and travel across Victoria to visit our teachers in 130+ childcare centres.
Key responsibilities include:
- Mentoring of early childhood teachers throughout the registration process via face-to-face, email, phone, and online platforms.
- Review of individual early childhood teacher evidence portfolios with written and verbal feedback on annotations of teaching practice.
- Face-to-face or online observations of teaching practice to support the development of annotations of quality teaching practice.
- Translation of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers to prior-to-school contexts to support understanding of quality evidence for children
- Liaising and working collaboratively with the Victorian Institute of Teaching.
- Support of the early childhood teacher for the panel interview including reviews of required paperwork and final documentation.
- Arrangement and facilitation of panel meetings including identifying eligible panel members and facilitating the meeting in line with the Victorian Institute of Teaching’s requirements.
- Oversight of final submission for proficient teacher accreditation for individual early childhood teachers.
- Recording and auditing of required administration records in line with Victorian Institution of Teaching processes and internal documentation.
- Reviewing and evaluating existing processes systematically to ensure organisational and state-based requirements are met.
- Working collaboratively as a member of the broader G8 Education Team to uphold expectations and messaging for high-quality education and care in teaching practice.
- Developing training materials to support high quality pedagogy and practice and the collection of quality evidence for early childhood teachers engaged in the accreditation process.
- Undertaking mentoring for early childhood teachers participating in state-based funding schemes and internal G8 programs as required.
- Liaising and working collaboratively with a range of key stakeholders including G8 partners and local community networks.
- Hold a Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) or equivalent
- Registered teacher with a Proficient registration status in the state of Victoria
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in the early childhood education and care sector as a practicing teacher
- Current Australian Driver’s License (mandatory)
- Attractive salary package
- Access a 50% discount on early education and childcare fees at any G8 Education Centre, and a 25% discount for your family members
- Exclusive access to our employee benefits program covering a wide range of discounts and promotions
- Dedicated focus on professional growth and development
This is a rare opportunity; if you want a diverse, challenging and personally fulfilling role, apply now!
Please note the advertising closing date is indicative only. G8 Education reserves the right to close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, it is encouraged that you submit your application as soon as possible.
G8 Education is a committed advocate for child protection, safety and wellbeing. We have a zero tolerance for any form of child abuse or harm. The safety and wellbeing of children will always be our priority and all team members are expected to embrace this shared commitment.
G8 Education is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all who attend the premises that it operates. This includes accepting responsibility to provide, so far as is reasonably practicable, a workplace that is safe and without risk to health for all team members, children and members of the broader community. G8 Education requires all employees to have received both COVID-19 vaccinations (or an approved medical exemption) in line with the state based government vaccination mandates or by 31st January 2022 for support office team members all new employees joining the organisation must also meet this requirement. Please provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination or exemption status on application.