Sourcing & Supplier Manager – Gold Coast, QLD
March 08, 2022
G8 Education is an ASX 300 organisation and leading provider of quality early education and care services. Owning over 450 Centres and with over 10,000 team members, we are continually expanding and looking to grow and strengthen our network.
About the role:
It’s not often that a procurement role comes along that enables you to make a meaningful impact on the education of children. Our Purpose, as a leading provider of quality early education and care services, is to create the foundations of early learning for life and in your role as a Sourcing & Supplier Manager you will be responsible for supporting our team members in procuring goods and services that enable this Purpose.
The procurement team at G8 is on a transformation journey and we have two new roles for people to join us and focus on our centre and support office procurement. These roles will lead the development and implementation of sourcing strategies to maximise the value of G8’s third party spend and engage with our key suppliers to continue to enhance the level of service received.
Your key responsibilities include:
- The management and development of procurement activities across your categories of spend
- Supporting strategic sourcing and supplier management activity, working closely with stakeholders in delivering key initiatives
- Developing and executing a pipeline of sourcing and supplier management initiatives
- Identifying and implementing iniatives that support the improvement in the management of supplier risk
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- 5+ years’ experience in a Procurement role
- Proven experience in strategic sourcing or supplier management
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- A high level of discipline to enact and maintain deadlines in accordance with agreed timeframes
- Excellent organisational skills, time management and follow up skills
- Enjoys having fun at work!
- Attractive salary package
- Generous discount on childcare fees
- Exclusive access to our employee benefits program covering a wide range of discounts and promotions
- Dedicated focus on professional growth and development
This is a rare opportunity; if you want a diverse, challenging and personally fulfilling role, apply now!
Please note the advertising closing date is indicative only. G8 Education reserves the right to close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, it is encouraged that you submit your application as soon as possible.
G8 Education is a committed advocate for child protection, safety and wellbeing. We have a zero tolerance for any form of child abuse or harm. The safety and wellbeing of children will always be our priority and all team members are expected to embrace this shared commitment.
G8 Education is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all who attend the premises that it operates. This includes accepting responsibility to provide, so far as is reasonably practicable, a workplace that is safe and without risk to health for all team members, children and members of the broader community. G8 Education requires all employees to have received both COVID-19 vaccinations (or an approved medical exemption) in line with the state based government vaccination mandates or by 31st January 2022 for support office team members all new employees joining the organisation must also meet this requirement. Please provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination or exemption status on application.