Project Manager – Brisbane, QLD
August 24, 2021
G8 Education is an ASX 200 organisation and leading provider of quality early education and care services. Owning over 470 Centres and with over 9,500 team members, we are continually expanding and looking to grow and strengthen our network.
About the role:
The Project Manager is jointly responsible, along with other team Project Coordinators and Managers, for ensuring that the identified portfolio of centre upgrade projects and minor works projects are completed in line with agreed safety, quality, cost, and schedule targets.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work collaboratively with Design and Construction team members and internal stakeholders from areas such as Operations, Compliance, Safety and Design, agree the scope of the works to be undertaken
- Develop the project plan containing scope, costs, schedule, and other relevant components and ensure the plan is approved in line with the Group’s policies and procedures
- Manage the complete quotation/tender process for selection of preferred suppliers to complete the agreed works in line with the Group’s procurement policies and procedures according to relevant National, State and Local Government code, legislation, and bylaws
- Regularly monitor progress against the approved project plan, escalating issues and taking actions to ensure the project is completed in line with the agreed plan
- Develop and maintain a reporting framework for the identified portfolio of projects, with the reports clearly setting out progress and forecasts for each project against the relevant criteria (quality, cost, scope, schedule, safety, compliance, risk, etc)
- Develop and maintain a risk register for the portfolio of projects, to enable key risks to be identified and managed throughout the life of the relevant project
- Provide regular reporting to the Design & Construction Manager for promulgation within the Property, Operations and Executive teams including forecasts and recommendations for each project to enable pro-active decisions to be made
- Conduct or direct regular site meetings and contractor/consultant meetings to ensure safety, compliance, quality, scope, design, and reporting requirements are being met.
- Ensure that all projects that are undertaken are compliant with all relevant regulatory requirements (building codes, National Quality Standards, WH&S legislation etc)
- In conjunction with other members of the Property team, analyse the future upgrade requirements for the Group’s portfolio of centres to enable medium-term (3 year) upgrade programs to be set and promulgated
- Provide feedback in relation to projects that have been completed to enable the Group to continuously improve its various processes (centre design, procurement, project management etc.)
- Proven experience working in a project management role in related industries, with projects varying in size and complexity
- Ability to execute multiple projects in a timely manner
- High degree of confidentiality and professionalism
- Strong ethics and genuine approach towards WHS
- Sound financial and commercial acumen
- Solutions orientated with good problem-solving abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptability, flexibility and able to respond positively to change
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Demonstrates initiative, capacity to work without supervision and confidence in decision making
- Tertiary qualifications in Project Management or equivalent are highly desirable
- Flexibility in location and could be based in Brisbane or the Gold Coast
- Competitive salary package
- Exclusive access to our employee benefits program covering a wide range of discounts and promotions
G8 Education is a committed advocate for child protection, safety, and wellbeing. As an organisation, we have a zero tolerance to any form of child abuse or harm. The safety and well-being of children will always be our priority and we have an expectation that all our team members embrace this shared commitment.
Please note the advertising closing date is indicative only. G8 Education reserves the right to close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, it is encouraged that you submit your application as soon as possible.