Payroll Support Officer – Gold Coast, QLD
August 24, 2021
Payroll Support Officer
G8 Education is an ASX 200 organisation and leading provider of quality early education and care services. Owning over 470 Centres and with over 9500 team members, we are continually expanding and looking to grow and strengthen our network.
About the role:
We are currently seeking a motivated and passionate Payroll Support Officer to join our dedicated centralised payroll team on a full-time fixed term basis for an initial 12-month period. This is an incredible opportunity to join a large payroll team and contribute to the running of an end-to-end payroll for over 9500 team members. This position will see you reporting to the National Payroll Manager and is based in our Varsity Lakes Support Office.
Key responsibilities include:
- Process new starters, general maintenance, and the calculation of termination payments.
- Understand, interpret, and apply relevant award entitlements and legislation across different states.
- Ensure fortnightly pay runs are accurately completed and delivered within required timeframes.
- Manage pay queries and calculate back payments.
- Respond to all enquiries in a timely, professional, and friendly manner.
- Build and maintain good working relationships.
- Previous payroll experience.
- Knowledge of awards, taxation and superannuation legislation.
- Ability to work effectively within a large team environment.
- Experience working in a high-volume role which is fast paced and deadline focussed.
- Strong numeric skills with a high attention to detail and the ability to problem solve.
- Intermediate excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience using Preceda payroll system (highly desired but not essential)
- Attractive salary package
- Generous discount on childcare fees
- Exclusive access to our employee benefits program covering a wide range of discounts and promotions
- Dedicated focus on professional growth and development
- Supportive and friendly team environment
This is a rare opportunity; if you want a diverse, challenging and personally fulfilling role, apply now!
Please note the advertising closing date is indicative only. G8 Education reserves the right to close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, it is encouraged that you submit your application as soon as possible.
G8 Education is a committed advocate for child protection, safety and wellbeing. We have a zero tolerance for any form of child abuse or harm. The safety and wellbeing of children will always be our priority and all team members are expected to embrace this shared commitment.