Payroll Officer – Brisbane, QLD
May 24, 2022
At Green Leaves Early Learning our team genuinely care about the learning experience of the children in each of our 47 open centres, throughout Australia.
We take pride in building innovative and sustainable learning environments and practices in our state of the art, purpose-built centres. Green Leaves is a fast growing business and has childcare centres in all States (excluding Territories) of Australia.
Our offering is unique, and for us, it all comes down to the little things.
About the Role
The role will be based in the Support Office which is located in Murarrie, Brisbane.
As a key member of the Finance Team, you will be supporting and sharing the responsibility of managing the group’s weekly payroll function.
The role will be an exciting opportunity for an experienced Payroll Officer to join and develop within a collaborative and supportive team environment, with a company that is growing at an exciting pace.
Key Responsibilities / Core Duties
- Accurate and timely delivery of the weekly payroll process
- Completing the employee pay cycle from onboarding to termination
- Ensuring that employee Masterfile records are correct and up to date
- Adjusting payroll input as required according to time records, annual and other leave, statutory / voluntary deductions and terminations
- Arranging disbursement of deductions such as tax and superannuation
- Assisting with any reconciliation / accounting procedures connected with the payroll function
- Communication with internal stakeholders, working closely with the Centre Director and Centre Admin teams to support the payroll function
To be successful in this role and our organisation, you will be able to demonstrate the following qualifications, skills and aptitudes:
- Exceptional attention to detail whilst still being able to meet deadlines and thrive in a dynamic work environment
- Minimum years of experience in high volume payroll
- Strong payroll and timesheet systems experience (Attaché and Humanforce TimeTarget experience preferable)
- Experience with interpreting and applying modern awards and pay guides
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated and results oriented with the ability to build relationships with people at all levels
- Proactive, problem-solver and able to manage your own workload
- Must be a team player
In return, we offer:
- Generous child care discount
- A collaborative and supportive team with opportunity for continual learning, growth and development as the Company continues to grow
- Meaningful and satisfying work within an industry that makes a difference to children and families across Australia