OSHC Educational leader – Toongabbie, NSW
May 12, 2022
New South Wales
Play gives children a chance to practice what they are learning – Fred Rogers.
Children love to play, and their imagination and creativity are endless. However, they need your support as an Educational Leader to support their learning. So, help them do the things they love to do, every day in our Outside School Hours Care.
You will be rewarded with professional satisfaction and given the tools to create an amazing experience. Our team environment includes team appreciation events, team dinners, and incentives for going over and above.
This leadership opening in Toongabbie is ideal for someone who enjoys working in partnership with families and the community to provide quality programs and offer opportunities for participation.
The role of the Educational Leader
- Above award + split shifts + super | 30 hours per week.
- Leading the development and implementation of My Time Our Place.
- Inspire and Motivate educators understanding of educational programs and practice.
- Work collaboratively with the team involving critical thinking.
- Encourage continuous improvement across all aspects of the service.
- Building knowledge, skills, and professionalism of educators.
- Support from the leadership team in effective positive changes.
- Allocated Administrative time to ensure focus on the children, staff, and families during operating hours.
- Enhancing quality outcomes for children, families, and the community.
- You are supported by the services leadership team to effect positive change.
About the service “Enrichment beyond the classroom”
- Team acknowledgments and incentives.
- Before, After, and Vacation Care.
- BSC 6:30 am – 8 :30 am | ASC 3 pm – 6 pm | Vac Care 7 am – 6 pm.
- Split Shifts during school term | Block Shifts in vacation care.
- The Centre closed for 3 weeks at the end of the year to spend more time with families and friends.
- Leadership structure | Coordinator | Assistant Coordinator | Inclusion Officer | Educational Leader | Educators.
- Our management team advocates professional development and is committed to investing in furthering our knowledge in OSHC.
- Reconciliation Action Plan.
- Approved 225.
- ASC’s average attendance is 120 per day.
- The main room will host K-2 and the school hall will host 3-6.
- Childcare Management Software | Xplore & Qikkids.
What will set you apart
- You have a Diploma or equivalent qualification in OSHC.
- Someone with experience working in OSHC and or Educational Leader experience.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the NQF – NQS, Framework, Regulations.
- Someone with experience working in the Outside School Hours Care sector.
- You can collaboratively, support and embed programs and practice.
- Someone who can lead, build and empower educators in play based learning.
- Someone who can foster the development of each child’s self-esteem and pride in his or her cultural heritage.
- Someone who understands the developmental needs of school aged children.
- Communication skills and emotional intelligence enable you to work with parents, children, your team, and community members.
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk – Accredited Child Protection or willingness to obtain (1 day training).
- HLTAID004/12 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting or willingness to obtain (1 day training).
- Diploma in Children’s Services (Out-of-Hours-Care), or equivalent.
- COVID-19 Vaccination status By applying, you understand this requirement and have the required document.
- WWCC current Working with Children Check.
Looking for an individual that understands, adheres to, and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations. In your position, you will create a culture, adopt strategies, and take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people.
- Above Award wage $32 – $36 | dependent on experience & qualification.
- Inspirational OSHC in Toongabbie | Part Time 30 hours per week.
- Not for Profit | Community based | Parent Management Committee.