OSHC Educational Leader- Hornsby Heights, NSW
May 12, 2022
New South Wales
To be inspired is great, but to inspire is an honor – unknown
As the OSHC Educational Leader, you will be joining a culture where children are cared for in a welcoming, stimulating, caring, and safe environment that is sensitive to cultural diversity and inclusive of all families.
This service has its own space within the school community, providing engaging activities for approximately 90 to 95 children each day during After School Care. In your role, you will be supported by the Coordinator and Business Manager, as well as a 2IC.
The life of an Educational Leader?
- Leading the development and implementation of My Time Our Place.
- Inspire and Motivate educators understanding of educational programs and practices.
- Work collaboratively with the team involving critical thinking.
- Encourage continuous improvement across all aspects of the service.
- Building knowledge, skills, and professionalism of educators.
- Support from the leadership team in effective positive changes.
- Be part of the leadership team in providing engaging care experiences.
About the role
- Allocated administrative time to ensure focus on the children, staff, and families during operating hours.
- Split shifts during school term and Block shifts during Vacation Care.
- Flexible approach with administrative hours for the right candidate.
- 38 Hours | Monday – Friday | Before After & vacation Care | Close shifts.
- A commitment to learning and participating in professional learning opportunities.
- Assisting educators to understand and implementing reflective practice and leading critical reflection discussions to examine policies, programs, and practices.
About the service
- BSC 7 am -9 am | ASC 3 pm – 6 pm and Vacation Care 7.30 am – 6.30 pm.
- Operates 49 weeks minimum per year.
- Closed public holidays and approx. two weeks during Christmas and New Year.
- Supportive management structure | Business Manager | Coordinator | 2IC
- Approved 120 places| Excellent Relationship in the community.
- Childcare Management Software, Qikkids.
What will set you apart
- You have a Diploma or equivalent qualification in OSHC.
- Someone with 1-2 years minimum experience working in OSHC and or Educational Leader experience.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the NQF – NQS, Framework, Regulations.
- Someone with experience working in the Outside School Hours Care sector in a leadership position.
- Someone who can collaboratively, support and embed programs and practice.
- Someone who can lead, build and empower educators in play based learning.
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk – Accredited Child Protection or willingness to obtain (1 day training).
- HLTAID004/12 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting or willingness to obtain (1 day training).
- Diploma in Children’s Services (Out-of-Hours-Care), or equivalent.
- COVID-19 Vaccination status By applying, you understand this requirement and have the required document.
A Working with Children Check and Criminal History Check apply to this position.
Looking for an individual that understands, adheres to, and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations. In your position, you will create a culture, adopt strategies, and take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people.
Yanu – Goodbye (Darug)
Firefly HR: Encouraging Positive Change – made by Educators for Educators.
- 38 hours | Award wage $32 – $35 (dependent on experience & qualifications).
- Not for profit Approved Provider dedicated to OSHC & providing quality of care.
- Join a team that strives for continuous improvement & innovation.