Nursery Room Leader – North Fitzroy, VIC
November 15, 2021
Nursery Room Leader – Fitzroy North
FROEBEL Fitzroy North is an early learning centre for 69 children from 6 months to 5 years of age. The service has been rated ‘Exceeding National Quality Standard’. Our centre is located in a leafy area with beautiful outdoor environments. Our program focuses on immersive language learning (second language: German) and inquiry-based early learning by implementing the Little Scientists program. Please visit our FROEBELwebsite, our Facebook page and our YouTube Channel to learn more about us! ?
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and committed full-time Early Childhood Educator/Teacher to become our new Nursery Room Leader from mid October. The Nursery is home to 12 infants and you will be guiding a team of 3 educators.
We offer you
- a happy workplace with a collegial team and a supportive Centre Director
- a purposeful and rewarding role providing impactful education and care for our youngest children
- a salary substantially above Modern Award
- allocated planning time each week and regular paid team meetings
- collaboration with centre’s Educational Leader
- sustainable practices and excursions within the community
- generous professional development opportunities including the chance to participate in the FROEBEL Future Leader Program
- an employee wellbeing program with regular initiatives (e.g. weekly fruit baskets, free flu vaccinations)
- an employee assistance program (access to confidential professional counselling services)
- free all day parking / easy tram ride directly from the city.
We need you to
- hold an approved Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care or a Bachelor in Early Childhood Teaching (or equivalent)
- have experience as a Room Leader or other relevant practical leadership skills
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to built and grow trusting relationships with colleagues, families and community members
- have a keen interest in immersive language learning (German language skills are a plus but not required) and inquiry-based learning
- have an understanding of contemporary child safe practices
- last but definitely not least: have a sunny personality with a positive attitude!
? Please use the apply button and attach your resume and a short cover letter/note outlining why you are applying for this role! ?
FROEBEL is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
FROEBEL is a child safe organisation.
Only eligible applicants will be contacted by FROEBEL.