Manager Education & Research
November 16, 2020
Join C&K in a newly created position, reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, this position is responsible for leading and managing C&K’s education and research programs
The Childcare and Kindergarten Association Limited (C&K) is a not-for-profit early childhood provider with nearly 350 early childhood education and care services located across Queensland. C&K acknowledges that each child and family have unique early
education and care requirements and so we provide a range of different programs including childcare, kindergarten, outside school hours; care and integrated services.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to help drive C&K’s vision as Queenslands pre-eminent provider of early childhood education and care. As a senior leadership position, the role provides the opportunity to combine an interest in research and practice to influence the education programs across our organisation.
The role involves:
- Overseeing the development of policy and strategy relating to all aspects of curriculum and pedagogy;
- Using the latest research and evaluation data to inform C&K’s development of innovative strategies;
- Overseeing C&K’s research agenda including the organisations participation in collaborative research projects;
- Overseeing the strategy and operations of the C&K College; and
- Ensuring that C&K effectively communicates its pedagogical approach and research initiatives.
This position will suit someone with the following qualifications, experience and abilities:
- A Bachelors degree in early childhood education or equivalent (required). Postgraduate qualifications in a related field (highly regarded).
- Demonstrated successful experience or involvement in early childhood curriculum development and implementation, harnessing expert knowledge and best practice to drive innovation and improvement in curriculum pedagogy and practice.
- Demonstrated successful experience in leading programs that improve outcomes for children, collaborating with and drawing on capabilities of a highly skilled team with
o Current research and evidence in early childhood education and care
o the National Quality Framework, and legislative and regulatory requirements relevant to early childhood education and care;
o the Australian Qualifications and Training Framework and associated Federal and State training contracts;
o the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research;
o financial management; and
o people management.
- Skills, capability and experience in planning and delivering innovative programs, services and practice to improve outcomes, including analysing information, trends and data; developing and maintaining strong and influential relationships/partnerships.
- Exceptional contemporary knowledge of best practice evidence in early childhood education and care and a record of success in developing professional capability of educators across a service network.
Contact and Apply
To find out more and apply for this role, click here