Junior Operations Support Manager
May 10, 2022
At Green Leaves Early Learning Centres, we take pride in building innovative and sustainable learning environments and practices in our state of the art, purpose-built centres.
For us, it comes down to the little things and that is why our offering is unique. In our 47 centres throughout Australia, the children are supported by staff that genuinely care about their learning experience and our Green Leaves Commitments are at the heart of what we do:
- Family connections – we are committed to creating genuine connections with our families and being an active part of our community
- Team – we strive to create and foster a positive, open and respectful environment where all team members feel valued, empowered and recognised
- Learning environments – our centres are unique and purpose-built. Each one features innovative learning resources and play areas that ignite children’s curiosity to explore, engage and grow
- Centre presentation – our learning hubs and play areas are at the heart of our centres. We respect and care for our centre and the environments we share
- Performance – the Green Leaves team is committed to raising the benchmark for early education and care. We believe in continuous improvement and actively look for ways to elevate each centre’s overall performance.
The Junior Operations Support Manager is a new role that provides hands-on support to our Adelaide Centres- ensuring excellence in service delivery and embedded Green Leaves Commitments.
Reporting to the Operations Support Manager – SA (OSM), this role can take pleasure supporting the OSM in inspiring, mentoring, guiding and supporting a team of Centre Directors and Educators.
Day to day you will:
- Work alongside our Centre Directors and teams to uphold the Green Leaves Commitments;
- Support the OSM in driving business outcomes, high performance and accountability for results across the SA Centres;
- Use your strong knowledge in Education and Care national regulations, National Quality Standards and Early Years Learning Framework to ensure compliance and performance;
- Share your wealth of Early Learning knowledge and experience for the betterment of your teams;
- Lead and support on the opening of new centres across Adelaide and South Australia;
- Develop, facilitate and deliver training across the group;
- Support the Adelaide Centres throughout the Rating and Assessment process;
- Step in and support the Adelaide Centres across any role;
- Contribute to and build a positive reputation for Green Leaves in the market;
- Actively network with internal stakeholders and external bodies within the sector; and
- Travel regularly to a range of Centres and sites located across Adelaide, including but not limited to Mawson Lakes, Bowden, Pasadena, West Lakes, Seaford Heights, Valley View and Newton.
You will hold:
- Extensive experience in the Centre Director role and potentially 1-2 years of experience in a similar role
- At least a Diploma/Advanced Diploma in Children’s Services or Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood)
- A valid Working with Children Check
- A strong understanding of Regulations/Legislations including state variations, plus Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and National Quality Standards (NQS), QKLG knowledge
- Strong leadership and commercial experience
- Proven experience and ability to lead, motivate and develop a team
- The ability to stay calm and considered in the face of anything
- High standards, and a focus on excellence
- A professional standard of written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to self-manage time with broad and conflicting priorities
- Relationships focus
- Strong computer skills and systems knowledge across systems including Salesforce, Storypark, Kindynow, Qikkids, as well as CCSS and ISS.
In return, we offer you:
- The opportunity to be a part of a progressive and forward-thinking organisation in a high growth phase
- A respectful work environment where you are valued for being a collaborative contributor
- A rewarding and empowering role, that enables you to learn and grow within the group, with support from dedicated and talented senior professionals
- Comprehensive induction and ongoing professional career development and support from a collaborative Senior Leadership and Operations team
- A fully maintained company vehicle, laptop, iPad and mobile phone
- A generous salary package based on individual skills and experience
- New reward & recognition program designed to recognise above and beyond performance
- A staff discount of 75% off the gap fee (pay no more than $11 per day)
- The chance to travel extensively in order to work hands-on with the teams out in the field.
Green Leaves is a growing group, focused on building teams that value children and families. This is an exciting time to join the group while making an impact on the lives of many children, families, and teams.
You will be highly respected and valued within our business for your knowledge and passion within the Early Years sector.
If this opportunity excites you, apply now to live and breathe Green Leaves ethos with us!